Only Shooting Stars Break the Mold
On this edition of the Before & After, we have a Vintage Elgin Watch in desperate need of a Vintage Mechanical Movement overhaul and additionally, a complete makeover in general. It’s rare to see watches being sent in with separated parts, but this detached movement was a beauty to work on!
For this repair we had to:
– Clean, oil, and repair all salvageable parts
– Replace all worn or missing internal parts of the Mechanical Movement
– Perform a Crystal Replacement
– Source a best matching leather strap and perform a Band Replacement
– Perform a hand and dial refinish
The lengthy service was then finished with a complimentary Clean and Polish, leaving the restored vintage timepiece looking as good as new – all that glitters is gold restored by My Jewelry Repair!
Like the results? Leave a comment!
(Before & After #117)