Only Shooting Stars Break the Mold
On this edition of the Before & After, we have a Vintage Elgin Watch in desperate need of a Vintage Mechanical Movement overhaul and additionally, a complete makeover in general. It’s rare to see watches being sent in with separated parts, but this detached movement was a beauty to work on!
For this repair we had to:
- Clean, oil, and repair all salvageable parts
- Replace all worn or missing internal parts of the Mechanical Movement
- Perform a Crystal Replacement
- Source a best matching leather strap and perform a Band Replacement
- Perform a hand and Dial Refinishing
The lengthy service was then finished with a complimentary Clean and Polish, leaving the restored vintage timepiece looking as good as new – all that glitters is gold restored by My Jewelry Repair!
Like the results? Leave a comment!
That’s All Folks!
Thank you for taking the time to visit the latest addition to our Before and After Series! Don’t worry, we will be showcasing many more of our major transformations very soon.
My Jewelry Repair
Before & After #117