The Repair Before & After Spotlight Series
My Jewelry Repair aims to provide our customers with the highest caliber of jewelry and watch repair all from the comfort of their home. The Before & After Series spotlights some of the best work our Master Craftsmen have done!
Vintage Cartier Complete Watch Restoration
First of all, we’d like to thank our readers who continuously keeps up with our before & after series. Here we have a special restoration as we document the entire process! This one is another collaboration with our authorized service partner, Kirk Rich Dial Co. and for those who’ve seen our past work with them, you already know that dial refinishing services provide some of the most visually pleasing restorations. For this restoration, our teams brought a Vintage Cartier Watch back to its pristine condition.
For this complete watch dial restoration, we had to:
- Perform a free professional evaluation after noting what the customer requested for the repair
- Note that although we are an online jewelry and watch repair company, we can only provide evaluations when our skilled craftsmen can physically assess them in person at our secure facility
- Completely disassemble the external timepiece parts and internal Automatic Watch Movement internal mechanism
- Professionally clean & overhaul all internal parts, clean & polish the external parts (watch bracelet and case), and send over the loose dial to Kirk Rich Dial Co.
- Provide a professional dial refinishing
- Strip down tarnish and the old print, apply new coats of metal, lacquer, and finish
- Create a new die template using software and print it out using our Laser Engraving Machine
- Stamp on the appropriate dial pattern using the newly made template
- Re-assemble all cleaned parts of the movement, the refinished dial, and the polished watch bracelet and case
And voila! This Vintage Cartier Timepiece was professionally restored back to its pristine condition by our Certified Watchmakers and with the help of Kirk Rich Dial Co.
We make sure that our Certified Watchmakers at our Watch Repair Service Center have the proper certifications before working on your precious timepieces. Our Team of experienced Watchmakers have many Watch Repair Certifications, some of the major ones including:
In the case that you have a sentimental or heirloom dial or entire timepiece that needs a restoration such as this one, send it our way. We may feature your repair in our Before & After series for its next spotlight!
And if you would like to take a look at the entire restoration process for this particular watch, take a look at our YouTube feature below! We showcase its disassembly, complete dial restoration, and re-assembly.
Like the results of this repair? Leave a comment!
That’s All Folks!
Thank you for taking the time to visit the latest addition to our Before and After Series! Don’t worry, we will be showcasing many more of our major transformations very soon.
My Jewelry Repair
Before & After #154