The WORRYNOMORE® protection plan was created by Macy’s and designed to give you peace of mind. Keep your jewelry looking beautiful during the life of the plan* and beyond with the help of My Jewelry Repair.
How do I add the protection program?
Sign up for Macy’s WorryNoMore® Fine Jewelry & Watch Protection program within 30 days of your purchase.
Call Customer Service at 1-800-BUY-MACY (1-800-289-6229), use Macy’s Chat function or visit any Macy’s store with your dated online receipt.
What does the plan cover?
Service plan coverage is as follows:
- Free jewelry inspection
- Free re-tipping of prongs that need to be repaired
- Free resetting of stones that have cracked or fallen out
- On 3-stone rings, the center stone is covered if all 3 stones are the same size. If the center stone is larger than the side stones on a 3-stone ring, then the center stone is not covered.
- Free jewelry cleaning and polishing. Includes rhodium plating for white gold jewelry
- Free ring sizing, except for certain mountings which have sizing limitations
- Free restringing of pearl strands
- Free clasp and chain repair
- Free chain and bracelet shortening
- Free diamond solitaire earring conversion (purchase price of $500 and above)
- For post-conversion on diamond solitaire earrings less than $500, the customer will have to pay for the conversion
- Repair of the broken or cracked shank+
- Stone replacement for accidental loss or damage to the stone with a stone of comparable size and quality to the original, with the exception of stone replacement of solitaire diamond ring.
- Free lifetime trade-up policy: you may trade up your original single-item purchase if purchased from the departments specified below++
- If Macy’s determines that a product is not repairable, or where the cost for repair may exceed the retail price paid for the product, we will replace the product with an item of comparable type, quality, and functionality as the original covered product. The replacement item shall not exceed the retail price of the original covered product. If we elect to replace the covered product and a replacement item is not available, we will provide the customer, a gift card or a cash settlement.
- The WORRYNOMORE plan is renewable for an additional 3 years, at Macy’s discretion. The jewelry must be in ‘like new” condition to be eligible for renewal.
+Shanks that have thinned out due to wear and tear, if the customer wants a shank thicker than the original shank, there will be a charge
- Only allowed on merchandise sold at $1,000 and above (after all discounts and before sales tax), in the following departments: 263 (diamond/solitaire wedding), 267 (consignment diamonds), 729 (diamond wedding), 737 (diamond fashion consignment), 738 (diamond fashion), and 759 (diamond wedding).
- The purchase price of the new item of jewelry must be 50% more than the final price paid on the original item.
- Trade-ups are one to one, piece to piece.
For example: Diamond ring original purchase price = $1,000
Purchase price = $1,500
Your net due = $500
What are the plan limitations and exclusions?
The WORRYNOMORE® protection plan does not cover:
- Other acts of God
- The item when it is not in the purchaser’s possession
- Loss of a stone or loss of jewelry due to:
- Damage of jewelry or stone due to willful abuse or misuse
- Jewelry that has been altered or repaired by a party other than Macy’s
- Replacement of earring backs and display chains
- Altering shank thickness and width
- Modifications including stabilizing, beads, spring shanks, arthritic shanks, or safety chains
- Jewelry sold in departments 728 and 967. (Ear piercing and 24K Gold)
- Departments 263, 267, 729, and 759 – (Stone replacement of diamond solitaire rings and center stone diamonds on rings)
- Inclusions in gemstones
How do I have my jewelry serviced?
When your jewelry needs to be serviced, please bring the purchased jewelry along with the WORRYNOMORE® protection plan receipt to any Macy’s store. The document is your proof of purchase.
Can I cancel the plan if I change my mind?
The purchaser may cancel the WORRYNOMORE® protection plan at any time during the term. A full refund or credit of the WORRYNOMORE protection plan cost will be given if the cancellation is made within thirty (30) days of the date of purchase.
If the WORRYNOMORE® protection plan is canceled after thirty (30) days, Macy’s will refund or credit a prorated portion of the cost of the plan, based on the time remaining in the term and minus the cost of any service received.
The WORRYNOMORE® protection plan is automatically terminated upon the trade-up for a new item of jewelry. A new piece of jewelry will require the purchase of a new protection plan. The plan is nontransferable.
What is the cost of the plan?
See the chart below for the Fine Jewelry WORRYNOMORE® Protection plan pricing. Pricing is based on net selling price, which is the price of the item, less discounts, and before tax and trade-up credits
Plans are valid for 3 years from the date of purchase.
What is the cost of the plan?
|Item net selling price||WORRYNOMORE charge|
|$76.00 – $99.99||$29.99|
|$100.00 – $199.99||$39.99|
|$200.00 – $299.99||$49.99|
|$300.00 – $499.99||$69.99|
|$500.00 – $799.99||$99.99|
|$800.00 – $999.99||$139.99|
|$1,000.00 – $1,999.99||$169.99|
|$2,000.00 – $2,999.99||$199.99|
|$3,000.00 – $4,999.99||$269.00|
|$5,000.00 – $9,999.99||$359.99|
|$10,000 and above||$399.99|
For information on financing, please click here
*Fine Jewelry WORRYNOMORE® Protection Plans are valid for 3 years from the date of purchase.