The Repair Before & After Spotlight Series
My Jewelry Repair aims to provide our customers with the highest caliber of jewelry and watch repair all from the comfort of their home. The Before & After Series spotlights some of the best work our Master Craftsmen have done!
A Ring Shank Repair with Stabilizing Bars
We’d like to showcase our first before-and-after repair spotlight of the year! This 18kt two-tone diamond ring repair includes a detailed process our Master Jewelers undertook: repairing its broken shank adding stabilizing bars, a feature not commonly seen by the general public on an everyday basis.
There were also three damaged diamond gemstones in its invisible settings, which needed to be replaced and reset.
For this ring restoration, we had to:
- Perform a free professional evaluation after noting what the customer requested for the repair
- Note that although we are an online jewelry and watch repair company, we can only provide evaluations when our skilled craftsmen can physically assess them in person at our secure facility
- Source out three new diamonds
- Repair the broken shank with the stabilizing bars
- Set the three new gemstones and reset another eight of the loose diamonds to prevent breakage
- Finish off with a clean and polish to make sure the work of our Master Jewelers was undetectable
And voila! This beautiful diamond gemstone ring was restored back to its pristine condition. Stabilizing beads or bars are used to prevent a top-heavy ring from spinning on one’s finger and are usually made from the same metal as the actual shank.
If you would like to learn more about the different issues about your ring’s shank, visit our Ultimate Ring Resizing Guide.
Our Jewelers here at My Jewelry Repair are equipped with all the skills, experience, tools, and certifications needed to complete any type of jewelry repair, such as this ring repair. After utilizing everything required for this repair, we were more than happy to send back this ring back to its owner!
We are proud members of the
Our team includes gemologists certified by
If you happen to need the same repair, feel free to send over your heirloom jewelry so we can get it back to its original brilliance.
Like the results of this repair? Leave a comment!
That’s All Folks!
Thank you for taking the time to visit the latest addition to our Before and After Series! Don’t worry, we will be showcasing many more of our major transformations very soon.
My Jewelry Repair
Before & After #157